Did Your Sustain a Personal Injury in an Accident?
Modesto Personal Injury Attorney Offers Free Consultations
When you are hurt in an accident, your life is thrown into chaos. Unfortunately, responsibilities like your bills and expenses continue even if you have been seriously injured. You may be unable to return to work, losing wages and benefits and causing your employer to become frustrated. Furthermore, your loved ones, family and friends plan and hope for your swift recovery, which can cause tension within close relationships. With so much on the line, a person can easily feel overwhelmed. We believe no one should have to suffer because of the negligence of someone else. Our firm can use a team of professionals to gather evidence, analyze medical reports and mitigate risk. If you have been injured in an accident, call our Modesto personal injury attorneys today.
At Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Goodwin, we believe that people injured in accidents due to the negligence of others have a right to seek justice. Our legal team has over 100 years of combined experience in helping our clients strengthen their claims and mitigate risks. When you retain our personal injury law firm you will be able to reach us anytime you need us. Our goal is to leave you feeling comfortable and confident in calling us your legal representation. By providing personalized service, we are able to build stronger personal injury case plans that offer our clients better chances of securing a favorable outcome.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit involves pursuing compensation from another person or entity that you believe negligently contributed to your accident. For example, if a driver runs a red light turning onto I-132 and crashes into your vehicle, then you likely have a basis for a personal injury lawsuit. In this case, it is in your best interest to contact a car accident attorney. A Modesto personal injury lawyer from our firm can work with a team of professionals to gather evidence and provide legal support. Part of that support is following and upholding California personal injury law guidelines involving:
- Negligence: California’s shared “at fault laws” enable another party to claim that you are partially or completely to blame for your accident. Since this is the case, the amount of compensation you can be entitled to can be reduced. Furthermore, emerging technology like a self-driving car is changing the landscape of negligence. For example, the University of Michigan began reporting on at fault autonomous cars in 2015. For these and other reasons, it is highly recommended that you contact a Modesto personal injury attorney who can bolster your claim.
- Statute of Limitations: A statute of limitations is a defined amount of time a person has to file a personal injury lawsuit. According to the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1, you have two years from the date of injury to file a lawsuit (as of 2018). However, if your claim is against a California public entity, there is a six-month deadline to file your claim. For most medical malpractice claims, you have one year to file your claim.
- Medical Injury Compensation Reform Act (MICRA): MICRA is a California law that is used in California medical malpractice cases. It places a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages, like pain and suffering.
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you have been injured, then you now likely face unique and potentially life-altering challenges. For instance, you may have compounding medical bills piling up but are losing wages due to not being able to work. A Modesto personal injury attorney can help you file a personal injury claim that seeks compensation to recover past, present and future damages related to your accident. If you receive a favorable settlement, you can use these funds to pay for the damages you have or will incur as a result of your injury.
Unfortunately, the alleged negligent parties listed in your claim can challenge these amounts. For example, the opposing party’s insurance adjuster might offer you a less than desirable settlement after a car accident. More often than not, insurance companies will try to undermine your claim. Ultimately, it is an adjuster’s job to make sure you get the lowest compensation possible. Our Central Valley trial attorneys are prepared to help you with your claim against any person or entity. We have over 100 years of combined experience representing people with personal injury claims involving:
- Elder Abuse: Not every health care professional, hospice provider or family member practices good ethics or good care practices. Seniors in long-term care facilities often face both physical and financial abuse at their most vulnerable time.
- Product Defects: A defective product can cause serious damage to both you and your property. Common claims involve kitchen appliances and lead-based products.
- Serious Injuries:These injuries can include traumatic brain injury (TBI), paralysis, spinal cord injury and catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful Death: It is hard to imagine something more traumatic than losing a loved one due to the negligence of someone else. Our Modesto personal injury lawyer can help you through the claim process with compassion and care during such a difficult time.
- Workplace Accidents: You expect your employer to provide a safe workplace. It is the law, after all. Nonetheless, workplace injuries can happen. With a team of professionals, we can gather evidence and examine reports to build a strong personal injury claim for employees injured at work.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: If you fell inside a store or because of a defective product, then you may have grounds for a personal injury claim. Our Modesto attorneys handle premises liability claims throughout the Bay Area.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents, 18-wheeler crashes and other motor vehicle wrecks can be traumatic for multiple parties. Our Modesto attorney can highlight evidence that supports your claim.
Accident Victim? Contact Our Modesto Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
Have you been hurt in a car accident? Has a faulty product contributed to your personal injury? Do you need help identifying if a party contributed to the wrongful death of a loved one? Navigating personal injury law can be overwhelming. After all, no single person can be an insurance adjuster, financer, medical expert and legal professional all at once. At Arata, Swingle, Van Egmond & Goodwin we can use a team of professionals across multiple disciplines to protect and uphold your rights.
We represent all personal injury clients on a contingency fee basis, which means that we charge no attorney fees unless we get you results. Our California personal injury attorneys serve Modesto, Fresno, Stockton, Sacramento, Fremont, Redding and surrounding areas. A vast majority of our personal injury clients have been recommended to us by past clients we have successfully represented. Put us to work getting answers and obtaining results for you. Contact us online or call our office at (209) 522-2211 to speak with a Modesto personal injury attorney today.